Though regular-sized coffee makers make sense for a lot of situations, for someone who needs just a single cup at a time, a one cup coffee maker is the way to go. No coffee will go to waste, and these machines are much easier to use for small batches than the leading larger batch machines.
If you’re looking for the best one cup coffee maker reviews, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve done the hard research so that you don’t have to.
Our top picks are as follows:
- Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System
- Keurig K560 Coffee Maker
- Keurig K15 Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart SS-700BK Single Serve Brewing System
- Hamilton Beach 49981A Single Serve Scoop Coffee Maker
- BUNN MCO Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer
- Aicok Single Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker
- Hamilton Beach Single Serve Coffee Brewer and Full Pot Coffee Maker
We hope your coffee has kicked in already, because we’re about to hit you hard with information on some of the best single-serve coffee makers around.
One Cup Coffee Maker Reviews
Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System
You may ask: What is the best single cup coffee maker? We’ve got the answer. We’re starting with the Kuerig K55 Coffee Maker because it is an Amazon #1 best seller and a favorite in homes across the world. The simplicity of the one-touch button system makes brewing your coffee easy as ever. The best part? You can simply pop a K-Cup in instead of worrying about messy grounds. If grinding your own coffee is your thing though, you can purchase the mesh pod which allows you to use your grinds.
The machine can brew single-serving cups in 6-ounce, 8-ounce, and 10-ounce sizes. The 48-ounce water reservoir makes things even easier because instead of having to fill it up every time, you can fill it once for several servings of coffee, no matter how far apart you’ll be enjoying them. It creates great tasting coffee every time because it ensures that the optimum temperature and pressure levels are held at all times.
- One-touch easy-to-use button system
- K-Cups create essentially no mess
- Multiple serving size options and a water reservoir with the capability to hold 48 ounces
- Can splash coffee outside of cup
- Low water light doesn’t always come on when it’s low, instead it comes on when you try to make the next cup
- K-Cups might not give as bold of coffee as some may like
Keurig K560 Coffee Maker
If you’re looking for a machine that brews just a single cup but allows for a larger size, the Keurig K560 is a great option for you. It provides the ability to brew as little as 4 ounces at a time, and up to 30 ounces. It comes with an 80-ounce water reservoir, which allows you to brew multiple cups before worrying about filling it up again. The reservoir doubles as a nightlight when wanted for an added bonus.
With 500 types of K-Cups, it’s easy to get just the right brew for your liking. The machine is also attractive and comes with a large touchscreen for easy use. The bonus? It also comes with a 32-ounce carafe for the occasions when a single serving won’t be enough. The package also comes with 60 K-Cups and 4 K-Cups designed for the carafe.
- Brews 10 different sizes
- Comes with a 32-ounce carafe and K-Cups
- Large water reservoir which doubles as a nightlight
- Can only use K-Cups
- Included carafe is plastic
- Clock doesn’t remember time in power outage
Keurig K15 Coffee Maker
The last Keurig covered in this set of one cup coffee maker reviews is the Keurig K15. This system is perfect for small spaces and creates the same great coffee we all know and love from the Keurig brand.
It provides the opportunity to brew 6, 8, or 10-ounce cups of delicious coffee with a one-touch button system in under two minutes. Though this machine is compact, it still packs a quality punch many other single-serve machines can’t match.
- Fits into small places
- Coffee in under two minutes
- 3 brew options
- Can require more care and cleaning than other machines
- Water must be poured in with each use
- Base sometimes wobbles
Cuisinart SS-700BK Single Serve Brewing System
Up there in quality with the Keurig machines is Cuisinart, which makes some of the best single cup coffee makers in the world. This machine will blow you away with its high-tech features, including a large 80-ounce water reservoir, five cup settings, a removable drip tray for use with larger sized cups, and even an iced drink setting.
This machine comes with a K-Cup reusable pod so that you can use your favorite grounds or any pod you select. It also comes with a charcoal water filter so you know you’re getting the highest quality of coffee possible. The LCD blue backlit programmability screen makes turning on a timer and adjusting the temperature of your drink super simple.
- Removable drip tray for large travel mugs
- Setting for iced drinks
- Easy-to-use LCD blue backlit screen for programming and temperature adjustment
- Temperature may not be as hot as it shows
- Water pump tends to be loud
- Coffee occasionally drips too slowly when machine isn’t properly cleaned
Hamilton Beach 49981A Single Serve Scoop Coffee Maker
With nearly 2,500 happy reviewers on Amazon, this well-rated machine is great for the price. You don’t have to purchase an overly expensive machine to get quality coffee! Previous buyers noted that this machine makes coffee just as good, if not better, than some of the higher expense machines.
With this machine, you can brew your own grounds with the single-serving filter. Just scoop, fill, and press a button! Talk about simplicity. This is by far the best single cup coffee maker without pods and saves users tons of money in the long run. You can even choose how bold you want your coffee to be. With the ability to brew up to 14 ounces, this coffee maker is great for single servings and its durable stainless steel material makes it a timeless addition to any household.
- Less expensive than some machines but works just as well, according to reviewers
- Ability to use your own grounds instead of pods, saving tons of money in the long run
- Simple, stainless steel design
- May require more grounds than other machines for bolder coffee
- Occasionally splashes coffee
- Temperature may not be as high as other machines
BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer
BUNN is a brand that is well-loved by many homes across the world. The company has been in the coffee machine making industry for the last 40 years, constantly coming out with newer and better machines for your coffee making pleasure.
This machine in particular is a great buy not only for the price, but for the quality as well. It offers flexibility in what you create with the ability to use K-Cups, other pods, grounds, tea bags, and more for the perfect drink in as little as a minute.
Another great feature of this machine is that it comes with four interchangeable drawers for your storing pleasure, including a cup drawer, a pod drawer, a ground coffee drawer, and a hot water drawer. If you’re looking for other BUNN machines, make sure to check out our other article on BUNN coffee makers.
- Ability to use a variety of grind options, such as tea bags, K-Cups, and grounds
- Coffee and other drinks in as little as a minute
- Four interchangeable drawers for your storing pleasure
- The machine is constantly on and takes up to 26 hours to “fall asleep”
- No storage reservoir for water, so you must only pour in the amount you wish to use per drink
- Noisier than some other machines
Aicok Single Serve K-Cup Coffee Maker
Though this is the lesser known name of the single cup coffee maker reviews we’re talking about today, it offers many of the same features as other machines at a fraction of the price.
It's designed to take K-Cups to create coffee in just about 3 minutes, for whatever size you’d like to create. It also features a one-touch button system for easy use and a light to let you know it’s working on creating your delicious brew. When the machine is done creating your masterpiece, it automatically shuts off to conserve energy, which is a feature many other machines don’t have.
It comes with a spill-proof brew lid lock and unlock function, which is also a unique feature to the machine. Plus, it’s a compact coffee maker that’s perfect for a smaller space, such as a motorhome.
- Automatic shutoff to conserve energy
- Brew lid lock and unlock function to prevent spills
- Small size
- Doesn’t take many reusable pods, though it can use the iFill K-Cup
- Many tall travel mugs don’t fit into this machine, but the 16-ounce Aladdin Essential Stainless Steel Insulated Desktop Mug does
- No water reservoir, so it must be filled with each use
Hamilton Beach Single Serve Coffee Brewer and Full Pot Coffee Maker
If you’re looking for a machine that offers a single serve option but you also want a machine that offers the ability to create a full pot of coffee, this handy Hamilton Beach coffee maker is the device for you.
For the full pot option, it allows the ability to create up to 12 cups of coffee, and for the single serve option, it allows for up to 14 ounces of coffee creation at a time. The single serving side offers the ability to pick the size of cup you would like to use with adjustable rest. Also with the single serving side, you can choose to use pods or the reusable mesh to use your own grounds. You can also choose if you want to brew regular or bold coffee with this machine on either side. It features an automatic timer and turns off after two hours of use.
- Option for single serving or whole pot
- Adjustable cup rest for use of any sized cup or mug
- Automatic timer and automatic turn-off feature
- Won’t use K-Cups, will only use Senseo Pods or the mesh reusable pod
- Clock doesn’t feature a lock option and can be easy to accidentally change while using
- Single serving side doesn’t create coffee as quickly as some machines
That’s a wrap for the one cup coffee maker reviews.
We hope you enjoyed this piece and that it helps you make the decision as to which machine will be best for your needs.
Buying the right coffee machine can prove to be a difficult feat, so take your time reading through these reviews again if you must, and if you feel your friends might benefit from this article, feel free share!