Grinding your own coffee beans allows you to have the freedom to choose the type, quality, and boldness of the beans you use, as well as the fineness of the grind.
The problem many people find, however, is that having both a grinder and a coffee maker can be a pain. Having both takes up more space, as well as time for production of a good cup of coffee. We’re here with a solution though: to help you find the best coffee makers with grinders.
Being able to easily grind your beans at the same time you go to make your coffee not only offers freshness, but better flavor overall.
When looking for the best grind and brew coffee maker, it's important to look for the following features:
- Adjustable grind strength
- Ease of control and programmability
- Self-turn off
- A good water filter
With those features in mind, we picked our top 9 machines. They are:
- Cuisinart DGB-550BK Grind-and-Brew 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker
- Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
- DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine
- Jura ENA 9 One Touch
- DeLonghi ECAM22110SB Compact Automatic Cappuccino, Latte and Espresso Machine
- Cuisinart DGB-625BC Grind-and-Brew 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker
- Black & Decker CM5000B 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker
- Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control
- Jura IMPRESSA F8 Automatic Coffee Machine
Let’s take a closer look at our list than, shall we?
The best coffee makers with grinder reviews
Cuisinart DGB-550BK Grind-and-Brew 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker
Cuisinart is one of the best names in the kitchen, so it makes sense that they have one of the highest-rated coffee makers with a built-in grinder. With close to 1,000 Amazon reviews and a 4.2-star average, it’s hard to beat the quality of this machine.
It quickly grinds whole beans for fresh coffee right away and features an ergonomic handle for your coffee-making pleasure. The bean reservoir is easy to pour into and the charcoal filter prevents many of the chemicals from your tap water from entering into your coffee.
Also featured is an easy-to-use control panel which allows for timer programming, as well as the ability to choose how many cups of coffee you want to make, and it gives the option to select a pre-grind in case you do have some already ground beans. It is preset to a medium grind, which is perfect for this type of machine.
- Three-year warranty
- Ergonomic feel which provides an experience of easy use
- Option for pre-ground coffee
- Tends to be on the noisier side
- Messy cleanup if not properly dried before next use
- The hopper holds enough grinds for just one use
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
This is a high-quality machine built for coffee lovers. It includes an easy-to-read temperature gauge along with an impressive milk frothing wand and, most importantly, a burr grinder.
The biggest feature about this model is that it automatically adjusts the temperature of the water after the steaming process for the optimal espresso extraction temperature, ensuring you’re getting the best flavor your beans can bring. This machine makes pulling the perfect shot of espresso, whether you’re a trained barista or a newbie coffee drinker, easy as ever.
The 360-degree turn of the steam wand makes creating the perfect latte as easy as 1-2-3. With a hands-free grind cradle, there’s no need to worry about wasting time standing around. It will turn off right when you need it to so that the next step can be accomplished.
- Removable milk tray for easy cleanup of drips and spills, and also a setting to let users know when to dump
- Cleaning-needed indicator
- Easy-to-read temperature gauge with the automatically adjusting temperature for the best possible espresso extraction
- You have to tamp the grinds down by hand
- Steamer can be slow to heat
- Steam wand can burn hands if not handled with the upmost of care
DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine
This machine is state-of-the-art and features a futuristic look even the fanciest of people can appreciate. Though it costs a little more than an inexpensive machine, it is well worth every penny.
It showcases a patented milk frothing system which mixes steam and milk to create a light, fluffy consistency for your lattes and cappuccinos. Beans are ground consistently, quickly, and efficiently with the option to choose the fineness of your grind to create a personalized espresso drink. At the time the beans are ground, they are tamped down so that there is no extra effort from you to create the perfectly packed grind a good cup of coffee requires.
It features a double stainless-steel boiler as well for an even overall heat and allows for the machine to constantly remain at the perfect temperature for your next cup of joe.
- Patented milk frothing system for the perfect steam-milk combination
- Consistent and quiet bean grinding with options to pick the grind fineness
- Stainless-steel double boiler for overall heat perfection
- Using pre-ground grinds can be difficult
- Louder than other machines
- Breaks down occasionally, though fixes are generally easy
Jura ENA 9 One Touch
This particular coffee maker with a built-in grinder isn’t as commonly known as some of the other brands we’ve talked about, but you better believe it’s up to par with the quality of them.
It’s an automatic system that requires little effort on your part and, in under 60 seconds, can grind, tamp, and brew your perfect cup of coffee. The pre-programmed system allows you to customize your drink to the highest level of greatness. It really is as easy as a push of a button!
With a dual spout to ensure your coffee drops into your cup without splashing, this machine has everything you could ever need, and more. Plus, the slim design fits great in any kitchen.
- Dual-spout allows for easy pouring without any splash
- One-push system with all sorts of preprogrammed options
- Quick and fairly quiet with a fully automatic cleaning system
- More expensive than the average coffee machine with a grinder built-in
- Can only make one type of grind at a time
- Temperature can be lower than wanted occasionally
DeLonghi ECAM22110SB Compact Automatic Cappuccino, Latte and Espresso Machine
This machine's compact size is perfect for smaller kitchens, but packs the same punches as a full-sized machine. It efficiently takes the hard work out of making coffee by grinding beans, tamping them, and creating the perfect cup of coffee with the touch of a few buttons.
Its ease of use includes the capability to use tap water, as it filters it through an intense system to give you the best-quality of coffee. The built-in grinder allows users to pick and choose the beans for a customized drink, but there is also an option to use already ground beans.
To ensure a full flavor extract from the beans, water slowly releases in the beginning through the grinds to saturate them, thus drawing out their fullest potential. The steam wand is simple to use, too, and creates a rich froth each and every time.
- Energy-saving switch saves you money
- It’s smaller, so it takes up much less space and is more portable
- The simplicity is unbeatable
- Grinder sometimes gets stuck, but a quick cleaning should help
- It isn’t the quietest machine of the list
- Requires a little time to get familiar with the machine
Cuisinart DGB-625BC Grind-and-Brew 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker
This machine is simple-looking but has a ton of features. A simple button system allows you to select the desired number of cups. It also features the ability to use pre-ground beans should you so choose. For the best tasting coffee, Cuisinart added a charcoal filtration system to this machine, as well as a permanent gold filter.
- The ability to choose 1-4 cups of coffee
- Pre-ground bean option
- Charcoal system and gold filter for best tasting coffee
- 3-year warranty requires you to pay $10 for a new machine and the cost of shipping the old machine back
- Coffee grounds often fall onto the parts of the machine, causing the need to clean frequently
- Grinder is loud
Black & Decker CM5000B 12-Cup Mill and Brew Coffeemaker
This stylish coffee maker comes in two sleek colors: black and red. It also comes with a two-year warranty, which is longer than the general 1-year warranty many companies provide. It offers a “quick touch” programming option so that you can set your timer ahead of time for fresh coffee when you want it.
It also has a handy brew strength indicator, so you know what you’re getting each and every time, plus the warming plate is non-stick, so clean up is easier than ever. The clear window of the carafe allows you to see how much coffee has been made and if you need a quick pour before it’s done, the machine offers a pause option.
We love the touchscreen design, as it is both easy to use and visually appealing.
- Visually appealing and easy-to-use programmable touchscreen
- Brew strength indicator
- Non-stick warming plate for easy clean-up
- No temperature adjustment options
- Beans must be refilled with every use
- Cleaning the filter can be difficult as it is close to the blades
Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control
With this machine, you can choose from six different grind settings for any sort of bean you may be using. It provides the ability for a personalized cup every time.
You can even control the temperature of the brew before it starts, which is a big addition many machines do not offer.
The programmability of this machine is great too because it allows for auto-start, water level visibility, and a countdown timer. It's more attractive than other machines in its price range and is sure to bring you quality coffee with every single brew.
- Six different grind settings
- Temperature control
- The ability to see water levels on the LCD screen, as well as a countdown timer
- Some users say the machine smells funny during use
- Hopper doesn’t always release all of the beans into the grinder
- Filter pod must be washed after each use
Jura IMPRESSA F8 Automatic Coffee Machine
This Swiss-based machine has technologies like no other machines we’ve seen. This right here is the compact version, so you’re left with plenty of counter space, not to mention the perfect cup of espresso.
The full-color TFT display system is innovative and easy to use, allowing you to make your coffee as personalized as you would like. With the spin of a rotator, you can easily choose which specialty coffee you would like to personalize and from there, the possibilities are endless.
The grinding efficiency in this machine has doubled in speed through intense engineering and the machine is packed with greatness. From cappuccinos to lattes, this is one of the best grind and brew coffee makers out there, and it makes your beverage with just the simple pushing of a few buttons.
- Very personalized
- Full-color TFT display system
- Great look in a compact form
- Expensive compared to other machines on this list
- Can be difficult to learn how to use
- Milk frothing device doesn’t get foam hot enough for some
Well coffee lovers, there you have it! The list of the best coffee makers that grind and brew, completed.
Be sure to go through this list closely to find a machine that best fits your needs. What you may like may not be what we like, or even what somebody else likes. We wish you the best of luck in this coffee maker hunting experience.